31 Candles

There comes a point when you want to stop celebrating birthdays and just let the passing of yet another year go unannounced... I’m not there yet. I still adore birthdays, including my own. I promise to share the goodies, otherwise known as gifts, later but I wanted to at least share pics of the sweet treat and some thirties wisdom that keeps me from feeling too old (I hope).
 My fav cookie is the macaroon, especially plain vanilla and Pinkie Patisserie makes some lovely ones.  These went smack dab right on the top of a butter cream frosted cupcake as my daughter insists on weekly cupcake baking. And also on using the Hello Kitty stand..



























Can you spot the ones that got a glossing of the silver food spray I ordered from The Deli Garage

As for the pearls of wisdom...

  • The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
  • Everything I know, I learned after I was thirty.
  • Your thirties are when you figure out who you are, what you want and how to get there ( I said that).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment..

Pinterest

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.