Running shoes




So no surprises here, this is a post about running. Something I might stick to posting about every now and again because it’s my new love. Funny to say, funnier to realise, but the truth none the less. 
Running, with my string of bad luck (think car trouble, accidents and adult chickenpox) and all the changes in my life of which none easy, might seem to represent running away but it’s not fear-driven. It’s about running towards something, even if you don’t know what that is yet. Driven by dreams, even those not yet formed. And I won’t lie, it’s definitely not easy on my 31 year-old and seriously uncoordinated body. Really I have the coordination of a newborn giraffe. All legs and no clue what to do with them.
Someone told me it when I started that it’s never without effort, whether it be 1 or 5 kilometres. And it’s not. I worry when I’m getting ready that I might not make it through the training. Or the time I did a badly timed sprint, felt wonderful and then had my legs near buckle under me. But I get my butt out and keep moving. 
Run when it’s hard to run and boy it’s hard when it hot and humid out, despite the Caribbean genes and all. I guess I’m just a cool weather kind of girl at heart and so I set my alarm for 5.30am. Night owl becomes early bird..at least on training days. Why? I don't run to come home the same, I run to come home stronger. Stronger is not superhuman, superhero, or never failing, it’s about getting up, showing up and trying (again). 
On the good days, on the easy days but more importantly on the bad and hard ones and I’ve had some really bad ones. Victor Hugo said “People do not lack strength, they lack will”. I concur. I read somewhere “God has given me the ability. The rest is up to me. Believe. Believe. Believe.” No matter what you believe, after the ability it’s on you, it’s on me. Guess what? I passed the 1 and the 5K and that’s on me.
Get your shoes on and run,With your head and your heart,Whatever the race, whatever the distance,Just run..forwards and towards.
That’s what my running shoes say! And yours? 
P.S. I am growing a fondness for kicks..who knew that would happen? And while I won't be replacing my Pegasus 30 (also Nike) any time soon as they are by far the most comfortable shoe I have ever owned, I heart these pretty pink ones with their origami sole. They're the Nike Free 5.0 in Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment..

Pinterest

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.