Design season

It’s almost that time of year..design season. The way some look forward to fashion week is the way I look forward to Design Season Holland style.. 


I went to the Woonbeurs last year after a little hiatus. And while it might not be ground-breaking or as large as say my dream expos; Salone Internazionale del Mobile and Maison&Object, it’s a great event to attend. It’s a good place to see what the larger well-known brands are doing, visit the inspiration homes and for me most important see up and coming Dutch Designers and their work. It’s these little individual gems that make the travel to Amsterdam worth while. Here a recap and pics of the last edition.




Then comes October and my absolute favourite event of the year. Only Christmas is more highly-regarded on the calender but that’s a whole other story. I am talking Dutch Design Week (DDW). This is where you go if you love Dutch Design, want to see the new, innovative, up and coming and basically revel in the hipness which I often feel devoid of the rest of the year living down south (no offence but it ain’t no Amsterdam). I feel at home in that vibe of energy, whether alone or pushing a stroller..in Converse trainers of course. The locations are great being set in a former Philips lighting industrial area. There are shows to see and the offerings are broad. If you love fashion, attend the talks or see the graduation fashion classes. Lover of product design, then there is plenty to choose from as Eindhoven has a great design school, making it a design haven and breeding place.  Here are my pics and pics from last year’s Design week.


I am getting all googly-eyed and dazed from excitement just thinking about it. Now I am off to make a plan of attack; wish list of must-sees, shortest most effective routes, energy bars because I focus and hone in and forget to eat, kicks because blisters and limping are a no-no and super important… navigation; I navigate like a girl, a girl who literally got lost in her own street.
Aah, can you feel it? Design season is almost here and I’m excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment..

Pinterest

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.