Christmas List














I always bust out the old-school Christmas tunes while I busy myself with the last preparations for Christmas day. While my home fills with the scent of cinnamon and spice and the gifts now all finally wrapped and waiting for Zoe Isobel and Mika to rip to shreds I smile. A slightly bittersweet smile because everything changes, evolves and grows and I will be eating turkey for days as Zoe Isobel just iterated a decided "I don't like turkey''.

But more bittersweet for the grown-up things on the list; peace, wounds healed, hearts mended, friendships strengthen and above all love. My grown-up self still believes in never-ending love and that will never change, especially with my home transformed into children's dreams and bursting with all that humanity & soul. Smile bright.

Peace and love, till Christmas morn! Working on that mega breakfast and ditto tablescape as we speak.


P.S. the lyrics are from David Foster and the cheeky little print is a card via Etsy I can't find the maker of but I so understand the draw of another's cookie..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment..

Pinterest

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.